Sunday, October 30, 2011

Where dreams come true!

I was strolling down the lovely suburbs of Castletroy to get fresh air and kill the time.
Decided to take the other direction than to University, 'cause I never walked that road before and I was wondering where I would end up.

So, I ended up at this shopping area with huge malls, filled with garden equipment, electronic devices and whatsoever. When I was on my wack back, a sign on a shop caught my attention.

Bathrooms & Tiles
 where dreams come true!

Commercial phrases like this always strike me in some way. It awakens the communist in me.
Where dreams come true. What do they mean by that?

Consider the case that I am in desperate need of a new toilet. What would the implications for my future life be if I buy my new toilet in this particular store? Will taking a piss every morning on my marvellous toilet give me so much inspiration that I can live my dreams? Is it the case that when my skin touches this tremendous toilet seat, I will be illuminated with grand ideas about how to live up to my expectations?
Or even better! Taking a dump on this object of Awesomeness is my dream, my goal in life, and now I am finally able to reach this glorious moment in my personal history!
Because this is exactly what matters in life! My new toilet will make my dreams come true! Coca Cola Light will provide me creativity, and my fabric softener will make all the men stare and sniff at my dress. And of course, I should not forget to buy this particular brand of fish fingers when I have my own happy family, because my children will love me as never before and think of me as the best mum ever. I will buy my cat Whiskas, because your pet will love you even more, especially when you feed him the specific salmon-and-peas edition of the catfood. And every time guests will come to my place, they will immediatly freeze when they enter my living room, and wonder: 'what is this excuisite scent?' Thank God I bought this scent-of-pinewood-in-a-bottle-for-in-your-home, because without that, what a terrible housewife I would be! And as a finishing touch, my automatic soap dispenser, because a healthy life starts with clean hands. Because I'm worth it.
Oh, how bright is my future!
~

This sickening attitude of being forced to perfect your life makes me wanna throw up. Excuse me, but my dreams are not in the slightest bit related to a god damn bathroom. I can be gorgeous, irresistable, creative, smart, and most of all, blissful, without all this, and until my own toilet breaks in two and I end up decapitated in the drain, I will stick to the point that is is only me who can make my dreams come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment