Thursday, July 12, 2012

Going up North

In three days I will start the trip to Scandinavia. I just finished my four first shifts at forensic departments and I liked it, especially the last two ones. Right now I am getting my room in Utrecht ready to leave it for two months. I don't know when I will get back yet, I haven't booked my return ticket. I look forward to going away again, it has been two months now since my last trip (which was also to Sweden), and I'm very excited about the nature so far up north in Scandinavia. I also keep my fingers crossed that we will get an opportunity so spot whales, that has been a dream since I was a little girl. So yes. Apart from some friends that I would have rather stayed close to at the moment and a financial situation that is still quite difficult, I can't wait to leave Holland for some time. The summer weather has been non-existent here, and I don't mind at all if it's not 30 degrees but I don't like those grey rainy days. I hope there will be plenty of days that sun and wind will burn the skin of my cheeks.
It is going to be interesting to go on a vacation with my parents and little brother again. The last two years I have been getting along with my parents very well so I don't see much troubles, but things have been running less smoothly between my parents and my little brother. Since I moved out and spend the first semester abroad, I noticed much less of this than I would have when spending a lot of time at home, but I am very aware that things aren't going great. I really hope this will not affect the holiday too much. And it's going to be an interesting situation anyway because we will be spending days together in the car and in small cabins.
Anyway, it's exciting. I wonder what kind of things we will encounter this time, so far my parent's and I have overcome floods, bomb threats and camping next to nuclear plants... so Lapland, bring it on.
After three weeks of travelling up north through Norway and going back south through Sweden, my dear parents will drop me of at my beloved boyfriend who I haven't seen for two months by then. Something I look forward to a lot as well. I have to confess I found the last weeks difficult. It might have been due to the fact that it were the last weeks of school, when I usually tend to start feeling somewhat exhausted, but to be fair, I was just an insecure little bitch. I'm usually quite confident about myself and my relationship and when I don't, I have ways to deal with it. It just didn't work this time so I ended up having sleepless nights and intrusive thoughts, wandering around during the day, not taking care of myself, unable to study and staring at the walls.  After finishing and passing my exams I fortunately started to feel much better. I hope it was a temporary thing because I hate being a mess.
Upcoming weeks should reload my battery to serious hights 'cause I'm gonna need that power the upcoming year of studies. And the year afterwards. My last year of bachelor will consist of trying to pass my minor in criminology and do my bachelor thesis, and all of that with good grades. I will also try to boost my working experience and find an internship, so all in all it's going to be... well, tough. I hope the Scandinavian winds will blow last year's mess and troubles out of my brains (yes, I'd like to believe the wind clears my brain) and that I will return clear and energetic for a Hell of a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment