Monday, January 30, 2012

A compliment that made my day II

The huge psychiatric organisation in Utrecht where I applied for a job called me this morning.
Due to cutbacks they unfortunately did not have a place for me, but the lady informed me that for a psychology student, I had loads more of practical working experience and she could see that I could work hard in health care, something other psychology students usually would not do. They now knew who I was and I definitely had to call back in March for a summer job.

This is the first time I experience that I have some serious advantage from my past job and I feel so happy that I get recognition from mental health care professionals for working my ass off the whole year. It is a bit pathetic how much this boosts my self-confidence, but it is so good to finally see that all the times I had to skip parties, going out, gigs and whatever, all the times I was mopping up urine from the floor, not being able to see my (now ex) boyfriend, all the times I had a backache from lifting hundred- kilo people, and worst of all, all the times I had to iron clothes,  pays of.

1 comment: