Saturday, January 28, 2012

Confession


After waking up this morning I was showing my dad a surfing video filmed at the Irish coast. 
Then I realised my ongoing headache and moody behaviour might actually be caused by being homesick. I miss Ireland. I'd never fully admit it but I miss going out on Sunday mornings to return in the evening, all covered in mud, cold, tired and unable to walk another single meter. I miss drinking a bottle of Jack and feel absolutely shit the next morning. Or even more embarrassing: feel nothing at all because I'm getting used to it. I miss the cracks and the holes in the pavement on the way to University trough Castletroy. I miss the awful grocery shopping at Aldi. And I miss the people (and yes, someone in particular. A lot.)
I have been walking my dog every day now for a long time, and that is nice, but long not as satisfying as the hiking. I was talking to my dad this morning and I might just go away in April. Do some hillwalking somewhere. I have to get out.

No comments:

Post a Comment