Thursday, January 19, 2012

The Noble Art of Exaggerating

Since I have officially returned from Ireland this Saturday and there is no chance I will be able to go hiking or climbing the upcoming weeks, I decided to go for a run.
I cannot say I kickd myself out of bed for it, because I cannot remember my alarm clock going of, but I rose at 12.30 and was then busy with finding out I passed all my modules in Limerick. Hurray!

But back to exercising. After that I pulled on my sporty clothes which I now own due to climbing mountains in Scotland and went out. It did not go too well but anyway, I did it. The thing is, when I go for a run, or actually just do something in general, I have the tendency to really overdo it. So I did not only go for a run, no! I ended up half naked in the living room, doing yoga exercises and eating yoghurt. During that my mind was filled with ideas about smoothies and saunas and those sort of things. Which is dangerous, because I sometimes even almost pass out of the steam when I have a bath or cover the whole kitchen in yoghurt, orange juice and tiny apple pieces when making smoothies.

This urge to exaggerate has always been present, for example, signing up for the chess competition after playing chess two times, writing ten pages of a book and start contacting a publisher. As a ten year old.
But even in my teenage years, I continued this habit; when I wanted to stand out from the group I decided to cover my face in eyeliner and wore so much gothic jewellery I looked like a hedgehog, when I start my freshmen year at University I immediately sign up for the honours course and even in Ireland, I do not just join the Outdoor Pursuits Club, oh no! I decide to climb both Ireland and Scotland´s highest mountain without any hiking experience. And succeed.

The Noble Art of Exaggerating includes diving into something new and make a huge amount of fun of yourself for doing so, and I love it. Now it is time to finish my very healthy banana- yoghurt and polish my nails (another thing I tried to become an expert in, ending up in buying sixty different colours in two weeks and spend hours watching youtube tutorials).
May the Force be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment